Sufferin Catfish!

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
My poor Plecos are employers in this establishment..... Any of my tanks beginning to show a little green on the glass gets a Pleco moved to it and in less than 2 days, even the worst looking tank is back to it's original splendour......

I'm starting to feel guilty 'bout the overworked and underpaid abuse of this system, but I wonder if they mind all that much as I've seen an acceleration in their growing rate and I do move every one's favourite rock with it to the new environment so that there's at least something familiar in the constant new environment..... (sometimes a new home up to 3 times in 1 week)
 
im sure they enjoy it....when my pleco gets around algae he gets crazy and devours it
 
I'm wondering why you put live creepy crawley's in the title??

Anyways, as long as the water conditions are similar in all tanks, they prob don't mind and, in fact, love the fresh food!
 
I'm wondering why you put live creepy crawley's in the title??

Anyways, as long as the water conditions are similar in all tanks, they prob don't mind and, in fact, love the fresh food!

Creepy crawleys like in swimming pools???? work, work, work! all day cleaning the surfaces....
 

If ever, after almost 40years of aquarium keeping, I do go salt and get a Manderin like in your Avitar, it'll be the first time my wife will also show an interrest in the tanks..... She just adores those.
 

If ever, after almost 40years of aquarium keeping, I do go salt and get a Manderin like in your Avitar, it'll be the first time my wife will also show an interrest in the tanks..... She just adores those.
I can't wait until I get my first sw tank up and running. I have a 120 usg reef ready waiting for me (on my dining room table :lol:) I have to re-arrange some tanks first. And then pick up all the equipment. And then after it's been set up for a LONG while and has a good copeopod population, will I be able to get one or maybe two as I'll have a huge tank and plan on having cheato in the sump wich is a good spot for pods to grow. It'll be awhile...sigh.

btw, I'll probably get both versions of mandarins. Green and spotted :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top