Subtropical Tank Ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

iliveinazoo

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Firstly I would love to set up a UK native tank but just can't justify the cost of buying and running a chiller at the moment so my next idea is to have a subtropical tank set to around 20-21 DegC.

I've recently lost my Figure 8 puffer who lived to 11 years old and he/she was a lovely showpiece fish - I hate to say that as he/she was really above all else a fantastic and much loved pet - and I'm struggling to think of a subtropical fish that would guarantee interest and interactivity like the puffer did.

The tank is approximately 200 litres and I'd like a compatible community, I have little interest in making a biotope but it will be planted. I have no concrete fish list yet but my current thinking is:
1. Paradise Fish x1.
2. Otocinclus x8.
3. Guppies x10.
4. Rainbowfish x6.
5. Pseudomugil Gertrudae x10.
6. Florida Flagfish x 1.

Obviously they can't all go in the tank and the numbers that I've suggested haven't been considered thoroughly with respect to stocking levels yet but I'm thinking either 1,2 and 5 together or 2, 3 and 4 together. I'm not even adverse to having just one really interactive fish on their own.

Does anyone have or know of any interactive fish suitable for the tank or any other fish that could be added to the list?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back