Substrate Plugs?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mattyeatsmatts

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Can I put some TNC Plugs(Substrate Capsules) in the substrate whilst my aquarium is running? (Use a tongs to push them to the bottom of the tank?)

Thanks.

Well I've only ever seen people doing it on first set up i.e when they are putting the substrate in.

I assume you can put it in when the water, plants, substrate and all that are already in then

I use Api root tabs, and just push them in every now and then, i think seachem do the best ones though, only ever read good reviews, will be switching to them once my api's are finished.

I dont think i would buy those unbranded ones on ebay, not even very good value for money

You can put TNC Plugs in an established aquarium, you might want to pop the capsule with a pin to stop them floating in light substrates. Just make sure they're well buried and don't disturb them once they're in.

From the nutrient company website : -
Code:
15-9-11
N 15%, P2O5 9%, K2O 11%, MgO 2%, Fe 0.45%, Mn 0.06%, Cu 0.055%, B 0.02%, Zn 0.02%, Mo 0.02%, EDTA.

As for the unbranded ones, I always say never buy a fertiliser without knowing the analysis, but you'd save yourself a lot of cash by doing what they do - Go to the garden centre and check the Miracle grow ;)
Or make your own with osmocote and an icecube tray :)

IMO

You can put TNC Plugs in an established aquarium, you might want to pop the capsule with a pin to stop them floating in light substrates. Just make sure they're well buried and don't disturb them once they're in.
Thank you, this is primarily what I wanted to know

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back