Stupid Tetras!

Assaye

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
2,061
Reaction score
6
Points
38
Location
York, UK
My neons have just eaten all the corys' food. All of it. I'm pulling my hair out. First my betta ate their food, and then I put him in a different tank. Now the tetras are at it. Some of them are so bulbous that I wouldn't be surprised to find them floating in the morning. Arg!

What does one do at feeding time with such voracious little blighters? The poor corys take so long to eat that even if I distract the tetras, they still end up eating the corys' food.

And how likely is it that they could die from being severely over-fed on one occasion?
 
ditto to above...even wait a little longer than right when the tank lights go off if you can
cheers
 
Some fish are still able to find food after lights out when its pitch black in the room/tank. It's so frustering but yoou can try putting a bunch of broken up wafers or whatever your feeding so they have a chance to eat too.

Most of the tetras I've kept aren't able to get at it when its dark but i know all the gouramis i've kept had no problems hunting out the food when its dark.

I have to put my gold gourami in a breeding trap when I feed my bottom guys every other day. It sounds kinda mean but its the only way they can get a meal in. That might be kinda hard for you because neons are fast n small so not really easy to catch.
 
Lol, tell me about it. Putting them in a breeding trap would take me hours ^^

Will try a lights-out approach. Fortunately, the corys will be moved in a couple of weeks and I hope their new tank mates won't be so voracious.
 
How about some kind of temperary divider for the time being. If you're moving them anyway? At least you will know they are being fed.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top