Striped Raphael Not Active

Bozza

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone, a few weeks ago. I got a striped raphael. Lately, last 2 days he has become inactive. Just wondering what could be causing this. Tank hasnt changed since adding him, no new fish have been added. Nothing changed. Do they normally becoe in active at times? I read somewhere that if they are well fed they dont come out for food as much because they knmow there is plenty around. This is more what im thinking. He hasn't really grown since I got him, he's about 7cm. Thanks in advance.

Torrens

With most doradids, unless you are watching them at night with a red torch, you will be lucky to see that you have them.

I wouldn't be too worried. Chances are that it has just become more nocturnal.

Nothing unusual. I never even saw mine moving from underneath it's log for years :crazy:

yeah not unusual at all, first few weeks while they settle you'll see them a bit, when they are happy they dissapear.

so much so that when we stripped down the tank with him in we completely forgot about him, caught all the fish and took them to the lfs, got home started draining the tank and removing decor, moved his piece of wood and out he popped! clean forgot that we even had him i hadn't seen him in that long :rolleyes:

Ok kool. Thanks for your help everyone. So they can become more nocturnal? He was quite active when I first got him. But im thinking now that hey has gotten abit fatter that he doesnt seem hungry anymore, maybe. Thanks again

I have a spotted Raphael and it was active for a week or two then found it's territory it barely moves out of it's spot....Mine is fat and plump and I've seen it eat once in 2 months....

lol i love raphael stories. i bought one about 4 years ago and had not seen him for about 2 years and then when we moved i was cleaning out my tank and took out all the decour except for this little castle i remember he would hid in. and when i took it out to put it away he suddenly plopped out of it and landed right on my foot. scared the heck outa me and he was at least 4 inches long at that point. ooooooooh, i still get shivers when i think of him falling on my barefoot. lol oh but what sneaky litte bugger they are.

The only time I see mine is if I put a lot of food in. Like when I get back from vacation and feed them some extra, My Pictus's are in a frenzy and he'll come out for some food. Other than that I'm not even sure where his hiding place is.

I know where mine hides. Ive moved his cave so I can see him at all times hehe. I see him more often now. Maybe cause he has grown alittle bigger.

The older mine got the more active he became during daylight hours. I think he got used to the people moving about in the day time and started to swap himself around to being less nocturnal

Most reactions

Back