Strange Severum breathing?

SAChichlidLover

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 31, 2021
Messages
474
Reaction score
269
Points
63
Location
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, as you all probably know I bought two gold severums around two weeks ago for my 80gal tank. I've recently noticed that they're behaviour seems normal and they are eating normally too but they're breathing seems way too fast and resembles alot of stress compared to my acara and bolivian ram's breathing which is slower and calmer, one of my sevs also spits out some food but will then fully eat the same food straight after? Is this unusual or am I overthinking as usual when it comes to my fish as I have already became emotionally attached to them haha. (I apologise for my awful scaping seen in the pictures, this is the largest tank I've owned and I've had to pot most of my plants because the acara's love to knock them about apart from the anubias plus for some reason it won't allow me to attach video files so I will have to use pictures)
 

Attachments

  • Severum 1.webp
    Severum 1.webp
    99.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Severum and acara.webp
    Severum and acara.webp
    287.1 KB · Views: 137

Most reactions

Back
Top