Strange Lump

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Falaria

Reaction score
Hello. My betta is over 2 years old in a 10 gallon tank. It is planted and has some pest snails in it. Anyhow, he has a strange white lump on him that has been getting bigger. Someone on another forum suggested that it is a tumor. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Thank you for any help that you can give.

Attachments

• 20210222_124947_HDR.jpg
    20210222_124947_HDR.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 20210222_125030_HDR.jpg
    20210222_125030_HDR.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 35
I had a betta a few years ago with a lump like this. At the time I thought it was lymphocystis but I've since been told it was a tumour. I say it, but several other smaller lumps developed after a while.

The betta didn't seem bothered by the lump for months. He ate and swam around as usual. But the main, largest lump was just above his gill and as it grew it invaded his gill and he went rapidly downhill. When he stopped eating and just lay on the bottom of the tank, I reluctantly decided to euthanise him.

Let yours live a normal life. If the lump is a tumour there is no treatment. Since the lump is not in a place which will cause him problems, he should be able to live with it.

Ok. Thank you for letting me know. I guess that confirms what was said on another forum. ?

My betta lived a normal life for most of the time he had the lump so yours will probably do the same. It was only the position of the lump which finally caused him problems. The lump on your betta is in a different place so he should be able to live with it no problem. It's just that he'll look a bit different from other bettas.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back