STOP CLEANING YOUR TANK!!!!

I guess I can be a test subject, I've got a bunch of cuts on my hand where I landed on my hands while wearing track spikes. If I get any warts I'll let you know.
 
Cheese Specialist said:
My tanks are too deep for gloves. Can you imagine me trying to get some for my 2ft cube?!

I'd need those ones that vets use when sticking their hands up cows' bums. :blink:
Now doesnt that paint a pretty picture :rofl:
 
i got a wart on my hand first wart iv'e had in years and only had fish for four months, but my brother has warts so i think that's a more likely source eh?
 
Idolz said:
A good rinse before and after cleaning my tank is good enough for me. I usually have nicks and cuts all over my hands from working and ive been cleaning my tanks for 3 or 4 years, the last wart i had was in grade 6 (7 years ago)
My Dad has hand-cleaned a fishtank without gloves for over 35 years. He's never gotten a wart.

I'm quoting your post because your avatar is nice. Did you make the AMD/NOS thing yourself?
 
That's kinda scary! My fingers are always raw and wounded. My fingers get dry and cracked from working at the fish section in PETsMART. So I have my hands in fish water all the time. My friends are always telling me I'm going to die because there's all kinds of bacteria in fish tanks. 6 months and no warts...so far.
 
PROBLEM SOLVED:

DON'T CLEAN THE TANK IF YOU HAVE OPEN CUTS, SORES, ABRASIONS, WHATNOT ON YOUR HANDS.

and washing your hands immediately after you've cleaned, helps.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top