Stone recommendations for Malawi tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
So after adding the water, I forgot to take into account the fact the stone might be darker when wet.....

Everything just looks way to dark in there. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll look better with some bright cichlids swimming around, but Iā€™m thinking of getting some lighter pebbles and rocks to build up around the caves.

Could possibly have a few plants but I know cichlids destroy them, I had vallisneria in the tank before which grows fast and tall. Would it be ok with some yellow labs and maybe some chilumba?

Last edited:
once you have lights on the rock won't look as dark and as you suggested, when some brightly coloured fish are moving around it will be brighter. In fact the bright fish will contrast well against the dark rock and should look really good :)

5CE1F97A-CD78-44EC-9848-5919F534A485.jpeg

Iā€™m thinking maybe some pebbles from the Garden for a bit of decoration. Iā€™ll soak them in boiling water for a few hours before putting them in.

We are clearing the garden out and have a few bag fulls of them that we cleared from a patch on the patio.

Set my filter up, fluval 206, and water was leaking from the aquastop valve. Couldnā€™t be bothered to repair it so I looked online for someone local selling a filter. Found an all pond solutions 1000ef for Ā£50 which I bought, the Mrs wasnā€™t happy as it came with a tank and stand. She said itā€™s gotta go, hopefully she changes her mind I want shrimp tank too

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back