Stocking...

puppyjess123

Doing first planted tank :)
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Eastbourne, East-sussex, UK
For my new 66 gallon.
-2 pearl gouramis
-2 oplaine gouramis
-2 gold gouramis (bit of a gourami fan :shifty: )
- 5 zebra danios
- 10 neons
- 10 cories
- 4 clown loach
- 2 bristlenose (m/f)
- 10 platies
- 3 swords
- blue ram
- 1 common pleco
- 1 albino pleco
- 2 red honey gourami
If anymore room (doubt) what else....

Lucy :good:

EDITED from suggestions!
 
You will be a bit over stocked. I wouldn't go with the bala sharks, clown loaches or the common plecos. Also I'd only go with one BN as they produce a good bit of waste and the tank will already be at its limit. Either type of ram would be ok, but they can be very sensetive to water conidtions, so be sure to do lots of water changes if you get rams.
 
Well I already have the common pleco, ditched the bala sharks; although I just have to have clown loaches, they are so cute! 2 BNS, breeding pair okay?

Well I like the blue ram the best then :)
 
There may be some aggression problems towards anything that is at the bottom when the BN's breed. I'd still lose the common pleco. Clown loaches are nice, but get too big for a 66 gallon. How big are they now? They may be ok for a bit in your tank.
 
Hi, if you already have a common pleco then you definitely don't want to add any more plecs, They are very territorial and you will end up with the plecos fighting for spaces.

Also Golds and Opalines are the same species, just different colours, if you can try to get mainly female gouramis (opaline/gold/pearl) you will be much better off, Males will fight and you may have problems if you end up with a few Males battling for dominance. Honey Gouramis are quite delicate compared to the other two species so i'd say its best not to mix them with the larger gouramis.

I would only have Platys or Swords personally, This will reduce the risk of them cross breeding,

If you really have your heart set on Clown Loach, make sure you will be able to upgrade their tank in the future, i.e. in about 1.5-2 years time.

from your list I would go with something similar to the following, however with Clowns and a common pleco you will need some hefty filtration

-2 pearl gouramis
-2 oplaine gouramis
-2 gold gouramis

- 5 zebra danios
- 10 neons
- 10 platies
- 2 blue ram

- 1 common pleco
- 6 cories
- 4 clown loach
 

Most reactions

Back
Top