Stocking Stocking Stocking!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

SamB

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am rehoming my 6 tigers that were in my 29 gallon, after finding that they have done away with my bristlenose pleco 
rip.gif
and are intimidating my gbrs a little more than I would like
confused.gif

crazy.gif

So, current stocking is 4 German Blue Rams (1 adult, 3 young ones). The tank is planted and has driftwood, picture below. I would love some stocking suggestions!

hpyhaaO.jpg

Is your water hard or soft?

From how far away will you be mostly viewing the tank?

What's your favourite colour?

Aw, it's a shame about the bristlenose - I've had mine for a while now and he's great! Everyone seems to just refer to him as "the big 'un"
laugh.png

Without having much info to go on, I'm going to say 6-10 Cardinal Tetras would be a great addition to start with!

Rehoming the tigers has opened so many doors, give us something else 
wink.png

I think my water is hard. the tank is in the living room - here is the set up 

B1gx2Pt.jpg

So the dynamic is close and far away..

I really like brighter colors! reds and blue! I would love to have some algae eaters or a pleco

How about rainbowfish?

A shoal of dwarf neon rainbows (blue bodies, reddish fins) would look nice and they like hard water (which your rams don't :/).

I am softening the water with driftwood, and its not very hard, i just know it doesnt taste "salty" as some sites have mentioned soft water would

Soft water certainly doesn't taste salty :/

I'd get it tested, or look on your suppliers website to check, if you haven't already. Driftwood won't bring it down by much.

I'm so sorry Sam to hear about your bn :(
Agreed on cardinal or neon tetras. I'm really enjoying mine.

Do you think you'll be getting another bn? Sorry if it's too soon to ask.

I'm not sure if I will replace my BNP - I was very fond of it. 

I spoke to the LFS I sold my barbs to and here were some of their suggestions:

• julli corydoras
  • Neons / cardinals / rummynose tetras
  • Rainbow fish
  • Gudgeon
Thoughts? Other options?

I have just had some tummy nose tetra and I can highly recommend them. Very visible fish with their big red head and arrowy tails. They also shoal nicely.

Can your system stand the stocking level of the dummy's and some Cory? Cory's are very entertaining fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back