Stocking Question

hodgeheg

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jul 28, 2009
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Yorkshire
I have a 48 litre fish-box aquarium with a interpet PF1 filter that has been running for 4 months and cycled for around 2 of those.

It currently houses:
2 balloon mollies
6 platys
2 albino corydoras (I did have 3 but one died :sad: )

I saw corydora julii in my lfs today and wondered if I would be ok to have 3 of those in my tank?
I really want them, they were so small and pretty! But I fear the answer will be no :(

Also is £4 a reasonable amount to pay for these fish?
 
So the price isn't too bad then :)

But would they be ok in my tank? Or would I be overstocking if I bought them?
 
they should be okay, if you bought 3 more that is.

if the cories you saw really are corydoras julii then you have a bargain, but they're very rare. my bet is that they are actually corydoras trillineatus, often mislabeled as julii
 
Thank you :)

I've read about them being similar and often mis-labelled, are there any easy ways of telling them apart?
 
If it were my tank, i would stop after the three cory additions.

As far as telling juliis and false juliis apart, good luck! I've asked the same question, and looked at hundreds of pictures of the two species online, and they look the same to me! I have 7, and i assume they're false juliis just because those are more common and less expensive, but i'm not sure! I'll be watching this post to see if someone can tell us!
 
Here's a pic of my false julii,C. Trillineatus
Sold had C.Julii at £5 each

 

Most reactions

Back
Top