Stocking Question?

Which one (10 gallon)

  • 2-3 Fire Bellied Toads

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 Dwarf Honey Gouramis

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please say)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

kevinthecow

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
657
Reaction score
1
Points
0
55g :

- 2 weather loaches
- 5 Swordtails. (M/M/F/F/F)
- 2-3 Dwarf Honey Gouramis
- 4 Albino Corydoras
- 5-7 black skirt tetras
- 2 ADF's

Anymore? :) If so, any suggestion? colourful is great. :)

29g :

- 1 Blue Crayfish
- 1 Musk Turtle

Will they fight? ): If yes, then what should I put with the cray? I'm prepared for deaths and consequences.

Poll = 10g stocking


thanks :D
 
lmao, it says only one vote on four honey's though, ;)

anyways, planting a tank is a no no for me. ):
my first plant is almost dead and chewed up, and I tend to like a more populated tanks, not just one. :S (i mean, as in single small fishes. I know the needs for a dwarf, but I dont know if i can supply much snails. I'd have to breed a lot, cause my store just sells way too expensive snails for me. ): )
 
For the 55 I wouldn't go with the weather loaches as they get big and prefer cooler water temperatures. You could increase your black skirt school or add another school of different type of tetra. Also increase the cories as well.

You could get 4-5 Dwarf puffers for a 10 gallon. Don't worry about buying snails. Just buy a live plant and in most cases you will get lots of pest snails.
 
For the 55 I wouldn't go with the weather loaches as they get big and prefer cooler water temperatures. You could increase your black skirt school or add another school of different type of tetra. Also increase the cories as well.

You could get 4-5 Dwarf puffers for a 10 gallon. Don't worry about buying snails. Just buy a live plant and in most cases you will get lots of pest snails.

ugh, the loaches are being rehomed to the 55g. I was told, they will live a healthy life still, though their lifespan will be shorter by three to four years. :/
They're around 5", so i'm not sure how old. ;)


Also, at the dwarf puffers, could anyone back up that? I'll be willing to do so, if it's true.
 
In a heavily planted 10G tank you could get away with 2-3 Dwarf Puffers but I wouldn't add more than that.
You should allow 3-5G for each Puffer and you need good filtration and excellent water quality.
 
Alright, so my 55g stocking is well, just add in a few more tetras? I'll get rid of the weather's if I have too, but as I said I thought their lifespan would be cut a few years back and still can live healthy and happily. ;)

29g, oh man thats what I'm wondering about. A musk --> a cray. COULD they work? From what I think, I'll need lot's of caves (moult's will make the cray's body more softer and weaker,)

10g, 3 Dwarf puffers, that sound good? What're some very nice, low light, not much matinence plants? (I've had bad luck with my first ): then i gave up)
 
It depends how heavily planted the tank is and what sex the DPs are.
I've known many people keeping 1 male and 2 females in that size tank with no problems.
 
It depends how heavily planted the tank is and what sex the DPs are.
I've known many people keeping 1 male and 2 females in that size tank with no problems.
whilst theyre young its all fine and dandy, but once they hit sexual maturity, BAM! males try to become dominant, and will want the tank to himself, but the 2 females are there, and he will pick on them and maybe stress them out which could kill them if he was that brutal. if you go with 2 females theyll be fine. but IMO you should go no more than 2.
 
It might be worth posting on the oddball section to get other peoples experiences.
I've not come across anyone personally who has had the experience Truck has mentioned but that's not to say it can't happen.
Like I said, the people I know have heavily planted tanks which seems to play a big part.
 
ugh, truck you scare me now with the dwarf puffer idea. :( (cause, i've also read other experiences.)

Anyone with the 29g compatibility? Or I'll just go for it. :/
 

Most reactions

Back
Top