Stocking Options For A Biorb 60l

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
ok so i couldnt resist, i already have a 30L and that houses 1 siamese fighting fish and i adore it, never had any issues with it at all.
i did fancy having a go at marine with the 60L but i dont think im that brave( or rich to finance the upgrades required),with all the tanks i currently have to maintain i wouldnt have the time, but i will one day :unsure: in about 200 years.
heres what i dont want
platys ,guppies, shrimps.. i have platys and guppies and shrimps give me the ebbee geebees, i want nice plants, easily maintainable, and lots of little fish, but interesting ones.
now i know not everyone likes the biOrbs, but i do,and i know for a fact that if you maintain them well then they are no more difficult to take care of than anyother tank
i also got a night/day cycle light with it, which my 30L dosent have,so that will be interesting..

will look forward to your replies

shelagh xxx

anyway they are kind of a bit bigger than i was hoping for,as i want lots of plants i dont want the swim path to be a pain for anyone (fish) i have 3 albino tiger barbs in my other tank ( did have 4) i love the way they " stand on there heads" sort of thing, nice to watch, but i dont think they would be happy in the biorb.. maybe they would i dont know, but they are in a 4ft at the moment and seem to use all of the tank space (( does that make sense)

i recommend small tetras, plants and 10-12 neons and a few corys would be nice.

no tigers, they will eventually get a little on the big side.

60 liters is almost 16 gallons, which is a little on the small side. Maybe try a group of ADFs and some apple snails. I wouldn't go with neons or cories because they prefer the surface area that biorbs really don't have. Bettas are perfect because they are labyrinth fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back