Stocking Ok?

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
Is my stocking for my 29g OK? Do I have room to add any more? I do weekly water changes. Its been up and running with those fish for a few month (Well, snails are new). Can I add any more? Thanks


ooo forgot to mention. One of the angels is on Craigslist with 2 interested buyers. Ill only add fish once hes gone, so take into consideration Ill only have 2 Angels, when getting new fish.
 
It seems alright to me. I wouldn't add any more though personally, seems just about right as it is.

Going by the 1 inch of fish per gallon rule you've already stepped over the limit although your fish aren't all that aggressive or extremely fast moving so it should be alright.

And you've got the absolute minimum size tank for an angel fish and they do best either singly or in groups usually more than 3. Have you ever had problems with bullying amongst them? Also as they get bigger they might try and eat your tetras...

Or perhaps even the opposite, where the barbs/tetras nip the angel's fins. Although if you haven't had a problem with this before then there shouldn't be too much of a problem in the future.

What kind of filtration have you got?
 
Well, about the Angels, I have had no issues yet, but since two are starting to breed, Im selling the third so that issues never arise. They other two are a breeding pair, so they should be alright.

About the tetras, I read if you have them in their as the angels grow, they wont see them as food. I hope this is true. If they start to disappear, then I can move them.

And my filtration is a whisper 30. I might upgrade. I have a Magnum H.O.T. but i use that as a diatom filter, so I dont want to use that. I might just add another like Aquaclear (20-30g size). Then ill have good filtering and a backup in case one goes up.

Thanks for the reply
 
Seems fine.

With the angelfish they need tall tanks due to their tall fins. A minimum height i believe is 46 cm for a mature angel. How high is your tank?
 
I prefer removing ur angels and get some sunset gouramis they are nice, and colorful.
 
I definetly dont want to remove the angels. There are my favorite. The tank is 18" high, so can hold them and it really comes down to stocking. Can I add any more fish. I filter with a whisper 30, and I would be willing to run dual whisper 30's, if it will allow me to add more.

Thanks
 
How about now. I will have a Whisper 30 and a Aquaclear 30 when I add the fish. And only 2 angels.
 
Well, neons are, but close enough. They will be fine for at least a year. If something becomes are problem, I have a backup tank and a filter to put on it. Im really looking more at bio-load and room over compatibility. Do I have room for any more fish?
 
The Angelfish won't necessarily eat the Cardinals...some find that if they "grow up" together, the Cardinals won't be viewed as food. My daughter kept a very large Angelfish with Cardinals(all grew up together) and had no problems.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top