Stocking My 45-50g Tank?

catherine896

Fishaholic
Joined
Feb 14, 2007
Messages
546
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
GB
I'm just setting my tank up at the moment, while doing so have been viewing sites and threads seeing what fish I would like to add to my tank once it has gone through the cycle(fish-less). This is what I have come up with tell me what you think and is there any fish you would recommend to go with these?

6 x male guppy's
10 x cardinals
6 x cory's(panda)
2x plec(bristlenose)
4 x clown killifish

Thanks!
 
I'm just setting my tank up at the moment, while doing so have been viewing sites and threads seeing what fish I would like to add to my tank once it has gone through the cycle(fish-less). This is what I have come up with tell me what you think and is there any fish you would recommend to go with these?

6 x male guppy's
10 x cardinals
6 x cory's(panda)
2x plec(bristlenose)
4 x clown killifish

Thanks!

Sounds fine to me!
 
Looks like a nice stocking. You might want to hold off on the BNPs and Cories until the tank is a little more mature than freshly cycled. Are you using some filter media from your other tanks to speed the cycle along? It could save you weeks of cycle time.
 
We are using filter media and water from an established tank of 5 years and the bnp'x and cories are last on the list so dont worry :)

Would you say this is overstocked for a 45g tank?

Male Guppys (x6)
Neons (x 10)
Corys (x6)
Plec (Phantom Blue x 1)
Thick Band Zebra Rasbora (x6)
Oto's x 8
 

Most reactions

Back
Top