Stocking More Or Less Complete!

DevUK

UKAPS member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Coventry, West Midlands
Hey all. Finally I've fully stocked my community tank. Its been looking a little bare for the last 9 months or so, since it was set up. Untill recently the stocking was:

6 pentazona Barbs
6 Harlequin Rasbora
4 Leopard Danios
1 Chinese algae eater (6")

I then took on some refugees from a TFF member who was breaking down his tank. I added 2 ottos and 2 bamboo shrimp to the list. Also I managed to rescue 2 danio fry that I found during a water change, and raise them. Sadly I lost one of the adult danios not long ago but its left me with a nice balance of 2 males and 3 females. They're forever spawning in the mornings!

Now, after another 6 months I've added the last fish that I think will be going in, as I'm going to be pushing it for stocking levels I feel. I've added some more Harlequins and Pentazonas bring their numbers up to 12 each, and also I've added some amano shrimp as an experiment (hoping the CAE won't eat them). They were meant for another tank, but its open top and I know amano shrimp like to explore. I seem to have lost a bamboo shrimp though :( I might get one or two more of these to keep the other company :) I might also consider a couple more ottos. I think there is plenty of food for these guys as the tank is very mature. Also they have accepted algae wafers so that helps a lot.

So, the final round up is

12 Pentazona Barbs
12 Harlequin Rasbora
5 Leopard Danios
2 Ottos
1 Chinese algae eater
10 Amano Shrimp
1 Bamboo Shrimp

Filtration is being upgraded this week as a precaution, so I will have a Tetratec EX700 and a Fluval 204 giving me a good 1350lph filtration. The tank is also planted, with more dense planting to commence soon!

Anyhow, I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top