Stocking List

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FingersofFish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 70L (18 US Gal) tank, pH 8.5, Temp 24 degrees celcius, Fairly heavily planted, Rock and wood decor.

I plan to stock as follows:

1) 3x Endlers Livebearer (3x Male)
2) 5x Cherry Barb (3x Female, 2x Male)
3) 3x Platy (3x Male) or (3x Female?)
4) 2x Assasin Snail

Would this be acceptable? I will be doing 50% water changes weekly due to EI fert dosing.

Thanks alot! I plan to get the Endlers tomorrow if it's all good, as my cycle has just completed today.

I'd bump to 6 cherry barbs (4 females & 2 males), and I'd recommend doing male platys instead of female. Grats on finishing your cycle :)

Thanks will probably do that! Bought the endlers today, its nice to have fish in the tank at last!

I wouldn't put the cherry barbs in this small of the tank. They are very active little guys and need longer tanks. The males and females also like to set up territories which is another reason why these guys need the larger tanks. 

If you're looking for something red, try the chili rasbora. They are much more suited to this tank size.

Also, have you done the whole one week trial period thing? Best to feed your bacs every day for a week before adding fish to be sure that you are processing consistently.

You're right atti, my bad for not catching it :( Would harlequin rasboras work? Or maybe espei rasbora? They're not red but still a very lovely orange.

I think both of those rasboras would do well in this setup, ninj. I always forget about the lovely little espei. They're lovely fish, though I've never kept them before.

Thanks for the replies, I will take this into account and look into the rasboras, they are lovely little things and i had originally planned on harlequins but was really after something red to bring contrast to the green tank!

Considering that, how would the following stocking compare:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

3x Endlers (male) - Already added
3x Dwarf Chain Loach (3x Male) - Tank is long rather than high considering they need swim space.
5x Chilli Rasbora OR Espei Rasbora (3 Female, 2 Male)

2x Sunset Platy (Male)  - ONLY TO BE ADDED >6months once tank is mature.

I don't know much about that species of loach, but I think that would do nicely. :) you could even add a few more rasbora.

The loaches should be kept in groups of 6+ and so should the rasboras so would bump those to 6. HERE is some more info on the loaches, they look super cute. I want some one day ^.^

Would it be possible, Minus the platies to bump the tank to this - or would i 'unfortunatley' be overstocked?

3 Endlers,
6 Chilli/Espei Rasbora
6 Dwarf Chain Loach

?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back