Stocking Ideas

Le FishĂȘ

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I got a 50g tank a 90cm length, 50cm height and 40cm width. I really want to get some predatory fish but I'm just not sure what predatory fish could fit in a 50g. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
Closest thing to a predatory fish in there I’d say is cichlids
With a relatively short tank I’d say your looking at a max length of around 6inches
If your GH is suited you could opt for smaller South American cichlids like keyholes , rams , apisto , maybe even blue acara

Ellie Potts

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
You could get some cool dwarf cichlids. I'm partial to apistos (particularly cockatoos). I agree with guyb93 on blue acara, cool fish with a not-so-bratty attitude compared to other cichlids.

OP
OP
Le FishĂȘ

Le FishĂȘ

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
You could get some cool dwarf cichlids. I'm partial to apistos (particularly cockatoos). I agree with guyb93 on blue acara, cool fish with a not-so-bratty attitude compared to other cichlids.
Closest thing to a predatory fish in there I’d say is cichlids
With a relatively short tank I’d say your looking at a max length of around 6inches
If your GH is suited you could opt for smaller South American cichlids like keyholes , rams , apisto , maybe even blue acara
Thanks for the ideas, do you think maybe I could add 2 blue acaras, 2 cockatoo cichlids and maybe 2 discus? Or would the cichlids pick on them?

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
Actually never mind about the discus they are way too calm for the cichlids. So maybe 2 blue acaras, 2 cockatoos and 3 yellow labs?
I wouldn’t add yellow labs , mixing African and South American cichlids won’t end so well I would also maybe add just one blue acara all sorts of problems could happen off start getting territorial or start to breed

OP
OP
Le FishĂȘ

Le FishĂȘ

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I wouldn’t add yellow labs , mixing African and South American cichlids won’t end so well I would also maybe add just one blue acara all sorts of problems could happen off start getting territorial or start to breed
I see, so would 1 blue acara, 2 cockatoos and some catfish fine then?

fishbball

Reaction score
A red wolffish (Erythrinus erythrinus) could fit in that tank. Perhaps a shoal of bucktooth tetras (Exodon paradoxus).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online