Stocking Ideas

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
đŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! 🩎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Le FishĂȘ

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I got a 50g tank a 90cm length, 50cm height and 40cm width. I really want to get some predatory fish but I'm just not sure what predatory fish could fit in a 50g. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Closest thing to a predatory fish in there I’d say is cichlids
With a relatively short tank I’d say your looking at a max length of around 6inches
If your GH is suited you could opt for smaller South American cichlids like keyholes , rams , apisto , maybe even blue acara

You could get some cool dwarf cichlids. I'm partial to apistos (particularly cockatoos). I agree with guyb93 on blue acara, cool fish with a not-so-bratty attitude compared to other cichlids.

You could get some cool dwarf cichlids. I'm partial to apistos (particularly cockatoos). I agree with guyb93 on blue acara, cool fish with a not-so-bratty attitude compared to other cichlids.
Closest thing to a predatory fish in there I’d say is cichlids
With a relatively short tank I’d say your looking at a max length of around 6inches
If your GH is suited you could opt for smaller South American cichlids like keyholes , rams , apisto , maybe even blue acara
Thanks for the ideas, do you think maybe I could add 2 blue acaras, 2 cockatoo cichlids and maybe 2 discus? Or would the cichlids pick on them?

Actually never mind about the discus they are way too calm for the cichlids. So maybe 2 blue acaras, 2 cockatoos and 3 yellow labs?
I wouldn’t add yellow labs , mixing African and South American cichlids won’t end so well I would also maybe add just one blue acara all sorts of problems could happen off start getting territorial or start to breed

I wouldn’t add yellow labs , mixing African and South American cichlids won’t end so well I would also maybe add just one blue acara all sorts of problems could happen off start getting territorial or start to breed
I see, so would 1 blue acara, 2 cockatoos and some catfish fine then?

A red wolffish (Erythrinus erythrinus) could fit in that tank. Perhaps a shoal of bucktooth tetras (Exodon paradoxus).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back