Stocking Help

PDSimon

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hello :)

I've been interested in killifish for a while but havn't had a reliable dealer but have come across these two species recently. I think its probably too late but there isn't a whole lot of info on the net and some is conflicting.

The species are:

Aphyosemion bivitatum
Aphyosemion cognatum

The tank is a 30G, my stocking is:

2 bolivian rams
2 cockatoo cichlids
8 kuhli loach
8 rummy nose tetra

So most of the stocking is full up I think? but there is a bit of space left possibly for a couple of these guys if conditions allow it? pH is 6.3ish, temp is 27, probably too much? :/ No idea if they would get on with my stocking

Any help is greatly appreciated as I know very very little about these fish except that they look great!

Thanks for reading,

Si.

Too many btm species IMHO & the killifish species you mention would be down around there too, If I were you I'd be looking toward Epiplaty's dageti Monroviae for the surface. A nice easy going killifish without to many demands
Regards
C

Thanks BigC, I will look out for it :) any other ideas will be appreciated, thanks!

I found a good dealer that has

aphyosemion cognatum
filamontose panchax
australis
blueatatum panchax

Any of those any good? a couple of those were great top dwellers, one was a bit small and one was a bit expensive and both at temps much lower than 27. Would they thrive in 27/die quicker/die straight away..? I'm not sure so any help will be much much much appreciated!

Thanks, Si.

Most reactions

Back