Stocking Help- For 72 Litre Tropical Set Up

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AdAndrews

Marine Enthusiast!
Reaction score
I am looking into buying a AquaEl Brillux 72 litre thank approximately 17-18 US gallons can anyone help me on which fish to stock this with, i know i must add them slowly any recommendation would be great

small community. a good set up would be, 10 neons, 5 barbs 4 harlequins and 4 cories. but introduce them slowly and wait for the tank to cycle and mature. i also suggest you put a hardy fish in first like danios just so you dont lose more expensive fish. put cories in last.

I would advise you not to put any fish in there until yuo have completed a fishless cycle with ammonia solution. Follow the add & wait method from the link in my sig. Then in about 4 weeks time you will be able to fully stock your tank all in one go. Reaching a fully stocked tank with a fish in cycle takes 3 - 4 times longer and damages the fish that you stock initially.

Good small tank species include:

endlers
guppies
honey gouramis
sparkling gouramis
pygmy cories
platies
Cherry Barbs
Cherry / Amano shrimp
Harlequin, galaxy and pygmy (spotted), mosquito rasbora as well as other pygmy rasbora species that may be out there.

I would advise against neons as they are boring, everyone has them and they also are very prone to dying in newly setup tanks. I also feel your tank is lacking in length to stock any tetra or danio species as they are very active, so the list above is about it. There are some cracking little fish on there though although they are not all easy to get hold of and may require a bit of phoning about. Good Luck.

:good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back