Stocking Help (Community)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

brianhart

Reaction score
Hey guys! i need help choosing fish for a community tank! So right now i have a 20gl tank with 1 rainbow shark(3") and 2 black skirt tetras(1.5"). I want to put some more fish in, but i am not sure what else to put in the tank. i dont want to over crowd and i have a planted tank with a large piece of driftwood for the fish to hide or swim in the caves (the rainbow shark loves the bottom cave). I really want to put in some unusual species that are brightly colored and peaceful. I really like gouramis but i don't know that much about them. I also don't want fish that nip tails or eat other fish. What should/can i put in the tank?

I would really appreaciate the help and advice! I would deffinately prefer if you could also tell me how many of what kind of fish to put in aswell, instead of just telling me which kinds of fish would work. Thanks!!!! :)

im not really one that follows the rules about fish size in tanks, but from my own experience a 20 gallon is too small for gouramis, although you could do dwarf species if you wanted. you might want to add a few more skirt tetras first though. tetras like to be in schools. i would try for about 5 skirt teras and maybe 3 flame dwarf gouramis. 1 male 2 females.

You already have a fish that will nip other fish... The shark needs a tank of 55 gallons as they get very terratorial. Also gourami would get too big for that tank and most are known to be aggressive. If you were to rehome the shark then you could look at getting some dwarf gourami and upping the number of tetras as they are meant to be in groups of 6+ with the more the better

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back