Stocking Fish Tank

stripeycat5

New Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have got a 200 litre tank at where I work in a medical practice. At the moment I have got a large golden Severum, 2 x giant danios, 2 x tin foil barbs, a blue gourami and a golden gourami. Unfortunately I have had a few deaths in the fish tank over the last couple of months so the tank is beginning to look a bit empty. Just wondering what you would suggest? Also the big Plec I had died which has meant that a lot of algae is growing on the tank again but in my local petshop thye only have really small ones! Help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.
 
just go to the fish store, look at fish you like. but dont buy them righta way, come home and research the ones you saw that you liked make sure they can live with what you already have and the water parameters that you have and make your decsion bassed on that ...


;)
 
I'd say your overstocked, have you read about cycleing?

Check out the newbie part of the forum and they will help you out alot.
Make sure to read the pinned topics

Also look in the fish speciese index for the fish you own, then you can get an idea of how overstocked you are.

I'd re-home some fish and get a good liquid based water testing kit, API Freshwater master test kit is highly recommended.
:good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top