Stocking Cycled 100 Gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Goggy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ive recently decided to stock my empty 100 gallon, i was thinking of an Arowana outgrow tank
Ideas?

Also does anyone have an idea what an "Inscribed Arowana" is? its supposed to be a new species but i havent found much decent sites for the tank.

Thanks!

The "inscribed arowana" presumably refers to a new species described by Roberts in 2012, Scleropages inscriptus, data here:
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/scleropages-inscriptus/

A 100g tank is not sufficient size for this species, nor any arowana actually, so I would consider other options for your 100g tank.

Byron.

How about some upper jaw polypterus? Retropinnis, senegalus, buettikoferi, delhezi, or palmas palmas would be suitable for your tank size.

Or perhaps some geophagus, with pearl gouramis and a small school of catfish?

Byron said:
The "inscribed arowana" presumably refers to a new species described by Roberts in 2012, Scleropages inscriptus, data here:
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/scleropages-inscriptus/

A 100g tank is not sufficient size for this species, nor any arowana actually, so I would consider other options for your 100g tank.

Byron.
i wasnt able to find any sites for the inscribed arowana. But as soon as i searched Batik arowana dozens of videos came up

I wasnt thinking of housing an arowana for life in a 100 gallon, I was going to use it as a grow-out tank, then when it reaches 15-20 inches ill move it to my pond
sawickib said:
How about some upper jaw polypterus? Retropinnis, senegalus, buettikoferi, delhezi, or palmas palmas would be suitable for your tank size.

Or perhaps some geophagus, with pearl gouramis and a small school of catfish?
I like the Delhezi idea i may get one for my tank, not sure what i should feed it though. never kept a bichir 

Polypterus/bichir eat just about anything, beef heart (feed in mooderation), shrimp, worms, silversides, most fresh fish, mussels, clams, squid, blood worms, anything thats kind of fishy. All polypterus are scavengers, but in the home aquarium they can be picky and like different things and not eat others.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back