I have got the problems with my tank sorted now and am starting to think about stocking as im a little confused. The tank has been running around 2-3 years.
My tank holds 16 gallons (not the 20 i previously guessed at
) and has good filtration. It is also longer than it is high.
In it i have 5 fully grown platys and one platy 'fry' that is half of the size of the rest, though it is now roughly 6 months old so i doubt it will grow to full size.
I also have one khuli loach, which is 3 years old and fully grown.
Now for the questions, is my tank overstocked or about right, or is it understocked so i am able to add more fish? I am trying to avoid overstocking if possible as im not that experienced with fish keeping
I was looking at adding more khulis, am i able to? if so how many could i safely stock?
Also if anybody has any other stocking recomendations id apreciate it. I would love a betta but im worried as my platys are known to nip eachother, and id be gutted if they nipped a lovely betta to death
Preferably hardy non agressive fish, i have made the mistake of buying agressive fish before.
thanks for the help
My tank holds 16 gallons (not the 20 i previously guessed at
) and has good filtration. It is also longer than it is high.In it i have 5 fully grown platys and one platy 'fry' that is half of the size of the rest, though it is now roughly 6 months old so i doubt it will grow to full size.
I also have one khuli loach, which is 3 years old and fully grown.
Now for the questions, is my tank overstocked or about right, or is it understocked so i am able to add more fish? I am trying to avoid overstocking if possible as im not that experienced with fish keeping
I was looking at adding more khulis, am i able to? if so how many could i safely stock?
Also if anybody has any other stocking recomendations id apreciate it. I would love a betta but im worried as my platys are known to nip eachother, and id be gutted if they nipped a lovely betta to death
Preferably hardy non agressive fish, i have made the mistake of buying agressive fish before. thanks for the help








