Stocking Advice

scooterchick

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 4, 2007
Messages
628
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi again,

Further to my 'poor angel' thread, I've sat and studied my tank for the past hour. I'm now 100% convinced one of the pearl gourami's is responsible for the attack. The other gourami's underside fin is also disappearing which I thought was a touch of fin rot but now I'm sure she's also being nipped by the other gourami, the fin is clean, no rags, no white of red bits, just disappearing! The 2 females were the same size when I got them but since my male died the aggressor has got a lot larger and more vicious than the other one.

So my options are: take the aggresive female gourami to lfs and get another angel to add to my one nipped one or get some swordtails to keep my lone female company, or wait a couple of days and get a male gourami to keep her in check BUT I don't know if my angel would survive that long with Miss grumpy.

Current stock is:

2 female gouramis
1 young angel fish
1 baby bristlenose
4 golden barbs
4 diamond tetra's
2 kooli loaches
2 panda corys

37gal well established tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top