Stocking A 20 Gallon Tank.

Trax416

New Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Was wondering some good fish to stock a 20 gallon tank with.

I was going to get about 5-6 Cardinal Tetra's but outside of that I am not really sure. Any tips or advice would be great.
 
Some sort of South American cichlid would work well in a 20g. For example, a pair of blue rams or a pair of bolivian rams or a trio of Apistogramma trifasciata or a trio of Apistogramma cacatuoides...the list goes on, there are many apisto species that would work. Plus, these would go very nicely with cardinal tetras.
I recommend this as a nice South American themed tank quite often for 20g's:
2 Bolivian rams (or the other options I listed above, or other apistos you like. You can do some research into dwarf cichlids and see what catches your eye)
6-8 tetras of some sort
3-4 otocinclus (small suckermouth catfish)
1 apple snail
Plant it with amazon swords and other plants of your liking. Have some sort of floating plant. Add bogwood and a few river rocks to create hiding places and there you go. Hope that helps.
-Larissa
 
I am also stocking a 20 gallon and will probably get a shoal of around seven neon tetras.

I would love to get a pair of angels, but they eat neons. I will probably get a pair of dwarf chiclids such as rams or kribs and.

In stead of the chiclid option though, I may buy three or four livebearers such as guppies or mollies and allow them to breed naturally in the tank.

Not sure though. Hope this has given you some ideas.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top