Stocking 90 Litre

Miah002

Fish Addict
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
771
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a 90 litre i would like to get 3 dwarf gouramis and 3 rams.

Would this be alright?

The tank is a about 8 months old.

I moved the fish out about a month ago into a larger one.

I want to extend my gourami collection, so please don't recommend any other gouramis.
 
rams dont work in three's and you could only fit a pair comfortably in their anyway.

and i dont think it is a good idea to mix rams with gouramis as they will be picked on, if you go for rams keep in mind they are going to be needing a temp of 28oC and some other fish may not appreciate that.
 
Which will be picked on?

I've read on most websites and on other forums that rams need 24-28c temp
 
the gouramis

most websites wil say this however, when kept at lower temperatures, a rams digestive and immune system can slow down, which can cause illness, most rams dumped into bog standard communities die within the first few months, due to the fact of lower temperature, you may want to test your GH they should not be kept in water with a GH of 10 or higher.

people will say theyve been fine etc, but nobody can tell if a fish is fine, unless they are ill.
 
i wouldnt go for dwarf gouramis. they dont usually live for long. if you want a small gourami you could go for honey gouramis or a group of sparkling gourami. or a group of chocolate gouramis but they probably need a species tank.
 
I already own 2 honey gouramis, 1 opaline and three pearls.

Don't rams usually stay near the bottom of the tank.
 
I definatly want the rams.

Which rams are better to keep?

Normal rams, bolivion etc.
 
I don't mind.

I want the fish to be able to live with the rams so if you could suggest some fish then it will be good.
 
So what rams should i get.

Which are easier to take care of.
 
Which do you prefer?

Which are less agressive?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top