Stocking 3 Gal

SPLiSH

Bettas are better!
Joined
Dec 27, 2004
Messages
1,943
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Australia
Hey everyone,
I'm wondering about my options for stocking my 3 US gal. It's a foot wide and almost a foot tall, so it's got more swimming space than most 3's. It's got a sand substrate with milfoil, anubias nana and some fake plants. My pH is right on 7. I've got bettas in other tanks so I'm looking for other inhabitants, maybe shrimp, endlers or some sort of killi? I'm not sure... I know it's small. What would you do? :huh:
 
Hey everyone,
I'm wondering about my options for stocking my 3 US gal. It's a foot wide and almost a foot tall, so it's got more swimming space than most 3's. It's got a sand substrate with milfoil, anubias nana and some fake plants. My pH is right on 7. I've got bettas in other tanks so I'm looking for other inhabitants, maybe shrimp, endlers or some sort of killi? I'm not sure... I know it's small. What would you do? :huh:

the only thing you could put in it is a betta. but you could turn it into a shrimp tank maybe with a couple different shrimp species and some snails.
or you could fill it up so it is shallow and have some land floating above it and get a small crab.

i'm not an exspert so i may be wrong :lol:
 
Yeah shrimp definitely, a nice tall bit of bogwood covered in moss and anubias and you're away, sounds nice
 
Well you can always have a betta, maybe try a female for something differant.

As others have suggested shrimp are very entertaining.

You could, altho you might have to order them, but sparkling gouramis can be kept in small tanks. A trio is normally the way to go.

You could have a single dwarf puffer...but they very picky about food and sensitive to water quality so it would diffenitly be work, they also need a heavy planted tank as they can get very bored.
 
You could possibly put three endlers in it if you can find a small variety. Some of the smaller endlers are really only an inch long, but the larger ones are unsuitable for a tank that small.
Have you got a betta in a larger tank (5 or 10 gal) that you could put in the 3 and then stock its tank with something else?
 
Both my LFS and an online store have endlers growing to about 1.25 inches at most. I could get three of those. Or I could move my female betta to a seperate tank, and have endlers and pygmy cories in the 6 gal? Hmm, so many possibilities..
 
how much is that in uk gallons cos i have a 2.5 uk g and i have 3 dwarf barbs, 3 endlers and 3 pgymy corys and i might add another 2 corys and they all are perfectly happy!!

Jodie
 
Jodiem, mine is a 2.5. UK as well :) Endlers are looking like a good possibility, I might get some if I can find them. And even though its a long tank, if they seem unhappy I can move them to the 6.
Thanks again guys! :good:
 
how much is that in uk gallons cos i have a 2.5 uk g and i have 3 dwarf barbs, 3 endlers and 3 pgymy corys and i might add another 2 corys and they all are perfectly happy!!

Jodie

:/
 

Most reactions

Back
Top