Stock Ok?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
Well I am moving over my media and fish in next few days sooo I want to confirm if this is fine in the end:

30 Gallon:

7 Molly
1 Dwarf Gourami
2 Angel Fish
5 Botia Angelicus (grow about 5in)

I would keep the tank around 80F and the PH will remain around 7. I will have a Fluval 2 Internal Filter with a built in Marineland filter.

Room for more? Max out?
 
If you go by the 1 inch of fish per 1 gallon rule, then you will be over. But if your tank is mature, you could push that rule to 1.5-2 inch per fish per 1 gallon.

The only thing I would worry about are the 2 angel fish, as they are aggressive fish, and get pretty big.

Someone with a little more experience will come by and give you more advice though.

-FHM
 
hmm well I am trying to debate some bottom feeders. My girlfriend likes catfish and wants pictus but something tells me the tank wouldent be proper for them. She also likes Rosy Barbs as well as the angelfish.

I was between the botai and coolie loache. Other choices we are looking into are:

Upside Down Catfish
Cherry Barbs
Keyhole Cichilde
Koi Swordtails (white swordtails with red spots)
Blood Fin Tetras

ANything else that would do well?
 
hmm well I am trying to debate some bottom feeders. My girlfriend likes catfish and wants pictus but something tells me the tank wouldent be proper for them. She also likes Rosy Barbs as well as the angelfish.

I was between the botai and coolie loache. Other choices we are looking into are:

Upside Down Catfish
Cherry Barbs
Keyhole Cichilde
Koi Swordtails (white swordtails with red spots)
Blood Fin Tetras

ANything else that would do well?
You could go with Synodontis Petricola, or Synodontis lace catfish, they only get up to 3.5 inches long.

I have a couple of them in my 29 gallon, and they are really good!

If you do get them get at least 3, as they like to be in groups.

-FHM
 
If you lose the Botia's I would get 5-6 Cherry Barbs for the bottom. Coolie loaches are good too, but they are not as active has the cherry barbs and they hide a good bit as well.
 
The temperature seems a little high to me. Most fish are comfortable at around 76/77. The warmer the water, the less oxygen it holds.
 
The temp isnt to high. Mine is around 81-82 depending on the tank. I would get a Bristlenose catfish for a bottom feeder. They are stunning, and the Albino's are just GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! I would definatley reconsider the angels. They tend to not like being in a small group. And if it is 2 males( you can not sex them unless they are breeding), they will fight. Your tank is to small for a group. Also, they can be agressive. Gourami's can be VERY sensitive to water quality. I cant keep them alive for more than what, 2 months? My tank is probably 12 years mature( Ammmonia-0 Nitrite-0 Nitrate- 25 ) and it stopped eating and died. They always die. I would not waste the money if i were you.
 
well I have the dwarf gourami in my tank already and he is has been there for a few weeks and is fine. My gf isnt a big fan pf plecos so thats out for the tank. So re thinking my stock:

7 Molly
1 Gourami
6-10 Cory
6 Chery Barbs
3 Upside down catfish

Does this sound ok or am I looking at shrinking that down a bit still?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top