Stingray Elite 10 Filter Any Good For .......

MrWhite

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
UK Manchester
I have 60l biorb that I put sand in yesterday I was wondering if I could put a betta in there with a stingray filter ? Also could I put the filter in my mature tank so I wouldn't have to cycle the biorb again if so how long would I have to leave the filter in my mature tank ? Thanks
 
For a shape like a biorb I wouldnt think a stringray was the best idea, they are large and awkwardly shaped. I mean you could do it, but it would take up a lot of space. The best way to mature it would be to either like you say put it on your main tank, for about 2-3 weeks or use some of your mature media from your main tank, they dont use a lot of media those stringrays, so a small chunk out of your main filter would work fine.
 
well just bought a stingray found one that's for 75l tanks fits good in my biorb im pretty surprised actually just stuffed some of my media in there as well
 
From memory the Stingrays come in 3 sizes the 10's are for upto 40L the 15's for upto 60L.

I have both, I think the one missing from the range is smaller.

They are an odd shape ok for smaller tanks.

In my opinion if you need a visible filter for a tank they are more fish shaped, and named after one than the block effect ones.

StatMan
 

Most reactions

Back
Top