Sticking Wood To Glass

SamUK

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Nov 27, 2005
Messages
3,136
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Addingham, West Yorks (Near Leeds/Bradford)
Alrite guys, havent posted on here in a while.


im currently redecorating my room and my 6ft tank needs a hood to tidy it up.

Im gonna cheat or atleast try and im gonna stick a piece of wood along the back and attach some hinges to it for the hood then jus have another bit along the front.

you cant see the sides so i dont need something that goes all the way round and ive kinda already got the material for the above idea.


im just wondering what i can use to stick the wood. gonna use just about the thinnest wood possible for the hood and have it in 2 sections but the bit glued along the back that it will be hinged too will still need to be quite strong.


any ideas?

thanx in advance!!
 
I would say silicone if its left i to cure properly i think it should be strong enough.

Wouldnt really trust using a product like no more nails just incase it got into the tank somehow
 
I would say silicone if its left i to cure properly i think it should be strong enough.

Wouldnt really trust using a product like no more nails just incase it got into the tank somehow

Ye and something like adhesive might crack or burn the glass?
 
I use silicon sealant to stick tuffa rock and bog wood to the glass of my tanks, and some of it has been there for 20 years, so no problem there.
I just wonder about the wood rotting in the high humidity, developing a fungus, or wood treatment chemicals leaching out into the tank...
 
I have a tank that had a strip of wood stuck on with silicone. It took hours for me to finally get it off when I built a new frame for the tank. If the tank is full and has fish in it, I would be concerned about the curing process for silicone. The odor that you can smell when silicone is curing is a poison to the fish. I avoid using silicone in the same room as where I have fish. Its great after its properly cured but dangerous in the air that contacts their water.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top