Steve's 75 Gallon Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ah the venerable 75g RR tank. Great pick :D Cant wait to see you fill it :D

It's gonna be a while Ski, I just picked up some timers today, and I still need to get a skimmer and the powerheads and a pump and the lights, I don't know if they are gonna be a retrofit or if I'm gonna use the canopy that came with the stand, I haven't decided, but if I do go without the canopy how would I keep the firefish from going carpet surfing? Or is there no logical way?

egg crate is great if you want an open top tank as well as preventing carpet surfing

I'm trying to find out that if the light fixture that I'm getting second hand is a retrofit or just a fixture. and if it's a fixture if i can put it in my canopy

Agree with Musho, if it's a hang-on luminaire use egg crate to keep that firefish in :)

the lights I'm getting will be on the tank regardless of fixture or retrofit, most likely it will be a temporary fix until I can get the heavy duty lights I really want. He said it was a double T-5, so maybe it has 4 bulbs. Even if it has two, it will still go on the tank.

Whats the overflow box made out of?I went to order my glass for the sump a week ago but they said they could not cut the teeth into the glass because it would break? :unsure: Acrylic?

Mine is made of some kind of black material, don't know what kind though. I also got the tank second hand, and the guy I got it from got it second hand, so I guess I got it third hand?

Also have another question for you reefers.

I bought a lighting fixture today, second hand, its a 48" Nova Extreme T-5 Fixture. I was wondering if I could just get another one and be fine with lighting, as I want to turn it into a reef tank, with a few SPS near the top of the tank. If it's not could I get another 2? I light it since I can fit it into the canopy without having to use a retrofit kit. So if I order two more in a few weeks when I get my powerheads and pumps would it be fine? That would be ideal. I can't really tell if mine has 96 watts or 108 watts? But do you think that could be worked out so I could have what I want in the tank and so I can get my lighting needs down.

how many bulbs is it and is it individual reflectors or one big one? Im pretty sure the nova retrofits come with individual reflectors....

Alright so here's a little update on the progress.

Last Sunday night I ordered my powerheads, a Koralia 3 and a 4. They came on Friday, all that is really left is getting the canopy door fixed and fitted together and to get another light strip and the skimmer and a return pump.

Still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there.

WayneVT08, sounds like its comming along. what are you going to us for the overflows? I see there are two holes drilled, what size are they? Are you going for a durso style piping one full one half or both full? what does the hood look like?

Thanks and keep it comming.

There is going to be a durso type piping, my friend is going to help me out a lot with it. Not sure about the holes, but I have bulkheads that will fit it.

Most reactions

Back