BettaMomma
Fish Aficionado
There are a BAZILLION posts out there on this, but I want to get this done ASAP.
I still have the pitiful little tank sitting here staring me in the face that Amos died in. There are even some little shards of his little tail left in the tank.
It makes me REALLY really sad to sit here and stare at it all day long.
SO. I want to get it cleaned out and get something else in there. However, I want to make sure that I get EVERY possible nasty thing out of that tank before subjecting any other living being to go into it. I know that there was some kind of nasty bacteria growing in it when he was in there.
I'm a complete freak with putting anything into a tank where bad stuff has been, so I'm tempted to throw the whole damn thing away and start new, but I can't afford to keep doing that.
I'm going to be tackling this at some point in the next day or two so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I still have the pitiful little tank sitting here staring me in the face that Amos died in. There are even some little shards of his little tail left in the tank.
It makes me REALLY really sad to sit here and stare at it all day long.
SO. I want to get it cleaned out and get something else in there. However, I want to make sure that I get EVERY possible nasty thing out of that tank before subjecting any other living being to go into it. I know that there was some kind of nasty bacteria growing in it when he was in there.
I'm a complete freak with putting anything into a tank where bad stuff has been, so I'm tempted to throw the whole damn thing away and start new, but I can't afford to keep doing that.
I'm going to be tackling this at some point in the next day or two so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
)
Although I agree with what someone said about ammonia being a very good cleaner, it does not kill microorganisms like bleach does. After all, the good bacteria feed off it. The only other thing that can kill everything that was in that tank is UV light or boiling the whole thing for a prolonged period. The concentration of bleach you are using is not too high. You don't have anything to worry about. (This week-end my bf washed our whole apartment floor with a 25% bleach solution that about knocked my socks off... now THAT's concentrated! I was ready to choke him... heck, I was choking!!!)








