Starting A New Club.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PaBucsFan

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I live in a fairly rural area, Bloomsburg, Pa. Within a 20 minute drive in any direction from my town is another town about the same size (12,000 people). I have not seen a local aquarium club in the general area and I am thinking about starting one. I would not necessarily want to be leader but would if needed to be leader. What are rules and requirements to starting a club? What are the basics? Do the rules vary by state? I have only been around aquariums since I was about 10 or 11, I am currently 22 and have recently begun rebuilding my interest in aquariums/fish. I would like a club closer than an hour or two away.

I live in a fairly rural area, Bloomsburg, Pa. Within a 20 minute drive in any direction from my town is another town about the same size (12,000 people). I have not seen a local aquarium club in the general area and I am thinking about starting one. I would not necessarily want to be leader but would if needed to be leader. What are rules and requirements to starting a club? What are the basics? Do the rules vary by state? I have only been around aquariums since I was about 10 or 11, I am currently 22 and have recently begun rebuilding my interest in aquariums/fish. I would like a club closer than an hour or two away.

I am not sure where Bloomsburg is at but I have the same problem. I am located in Townville, Pa. that is northwest about 45 min. from Erie. Hope you get this maybe we are close.

Hi PaBucsFan :)

Starting a club might be a good thing to do if there are none nearby. If you have any lfs in the area, sound them out about it. They might help you by posting a notice and mentioning it to their customers.

Here's a link to the Federation of American Aquarium Societies website. It's loaded with helpful information and has a section to help people get started forming a new club.

http://www.faas.info/

Good luck! Please let us know how you are progressing as time goes by.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back