Star Wars Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

faildeadly

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So after a month of setting my heart upon my design, my 1st ever tank is finally up and running. This is Day 00. Not everything I had ordered has yet arrived but they can be added next week. (Heater / Air Pump etc.)

This is obviously far from finished. I want to add extra plants but didn't want to over complicate my first ever cycle. And we're missing Yoda (he's in the post too). But I love it. So happy. :) Question is though, my fellow fishy fantaics, what other plants do I add to it and where?

Advice and comments welcome.

Attachments

• Tank Day 00.jpg
    Tank Day 00.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 54
Haha I like it. Guess you are to recreate Dagobah? I would get some moss and bogwood and other swampy looking plants.

There's Java Moss tied to the bogwood at the front. I'm hoping it'll eventually attach to the X-wing itself.

The X-Wing itself is attached to a heavy rock with some elasticated tubing. It's pretty secure. As for the minifigures, they're actually attached to lego plates that are then buried in the ground and weighted with plant weights attached underneath.

Bet it will look great when the plants are established
good.gif
Could even put a little rock/cave formation with Darth in there!!

Keep posting the pics as the plants grow please!

wow nice idea. i think you need yoda on top of the tank in a position like he is trying to raise the x-wing out of the swamp like in the film.

oh no ive just realised ive given away that im a star wars nut :blush:

get some crypts around the x-wing and maybe some vallis behind and once the moss grows it will look great. maybe some kind of lilly type plant too....

what about a dark water set up like a swamp would be?

maybe im getting carried away now.... :lol:

That's amazing!!!! I'm jealous. I keep all my sci-fi in one mixmatched tank - a tardis ornament and a fish called Spock. Oh and I do my waterchanges in a Star Wars T-shirt.

Yours is cooler though.

So much cooler...

I think some nice floor plants, would look good, maybe some floating plants also

OMG. I've just found a Lego version of Yoda's hut on Dagobah.... sadly it comes as part of a set that's discontinued. I need this in my life. I also need to turn Luke upside down...

Cool :cool:

Good to see there are a few Sci-Fi fans on here. I was desperate to do a Stargate themed tank. Why oh why didn't I buy the resin replica Stargate when it was available a few years back, now I cant find one anywhere :sad:

Looking forward to seeing your tank as it progresses. How about some suitably sized pieces of twiggy type wood with weeping moss attached that could trail downwards for that creepy, swampy look :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back