Spraydeckor

Dragonslair

Dragon.
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Has anybody used this product? It is designed for aquaria. It is reputed to be a dense form that you can create into any shape size or angle. It is designed to create your own landscapes.ie caves etc. I was thinking of purchasing a can of it to create a few caves for my plecs. The have only bogwood caves at the moment. Before outlaying quite a lot of money for a small can I was just wondering if anyone out there has used this product and if you would recommend it.

Seen that before Davy there is a guy with a lot of patience it is very nice though

How do you weigh polystyrene down in that quantity? Surely you would need a brick to hold that much poly down. This spraydekor is apparently quite dense and therefore weighty as it soaks up the water. Thanks for your suggestion though. :thumbs:

I've bought a small can, its made by NT laboratories. I'll give you my verdict once I've used it.

Just a word of caution Dragon....I wouldn't use this stuff in my main tank till I was positive it would have no major effect on the water or on the inhabitants. Use it in a secondary tank (like the betta tank or the hospital tank) or a smaller tank you have. That way you will know what it does to the water and to the fish in that tank faster than you would in a larger tank. I would keep it in there for at least 6 months before trying it in another tank. Rose

Or do like I do and use the skulls of your vanquished enemies. They make great caves. Just have to boil them a little first.. ;) :)

They also make great desk ornaments or presents for elderly relatives. :D

Aww, you're sick boys. You need to see a shrink. I now have the stuff and it is just like the expanding foam you use to seal gaps between walls. The recommendation is that it is used to join pieces of rock together to give the rough cast effect. So they don't advise that a whole cave is made out of the stuff, just to join rocks together. I suppose aquarium sealant is just as good and cheaper, if you wants to stick pieces of rock together. The spray foam is guaranteed to contain inert materials and will not affect the water in aquaria. It will however absorb any coloured medication in the water. So I think I'll give it a miss and use "silly cone "instead.

Most reactions

Back