Spotted Some What I Think Were Some Fry In My Tank

pixelpefekt

Fish Crazy
Joined
Mar 28, 2008
Messages
259
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Scotland - In the middle
HI. I've currently got 5 Zebra Danios and 3 Neon Tetra (+ 3 shrimp)

Last night I spotted about 4 little specs on the tank glass. When I looked closer they looked like tiny fish - or at least something that was developing into a fish.

Thing is, I had not even noticed any of the fish looking fat. From the pictures, can any one ID them? Do you think they are Zebras or Neons?

324617506_apQbG-M.jpg


324617515_D839a-M.jpg


:unsure: Unfortunately, when I got up this morning they were all gone. I'm guessing the fish or shrimp found them and ate them... don't know.
 
looks like danio fry to me, they are egg layers
 
get some dense plants in there if you've not got any already. the fry will hide in amongst the plants.

some will always get eaten by the parents. you're lucky that any hatched at all, as the eggs are usually eaten very quickly.
 
When the fry are attached to the glass as shown above, would it be possible to scoop them out with a net and move them to another tank? I didn't try as I wasn't sure it was safe.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top