Splashing Tetra ( Coppela Arnoldi)

lachojski2005

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Whilst lookng for some fish on ebay i came across these splashing tetras.Never seen or heard of them before.how amazing are these?they actually lay there eggs out of water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zycVOEk8hQ&feature=related

Ive just got a large batch of these fish.. Im aiming to breed them on a large scale over the next few months, ive bred them in the past and they are stunning fish with very interesting breeding habits as you can see in that video! One of my favourites.

Ive just got a large batch of these fish.. Im aiming to breed them on a large scale over the next few months, ive bred them in the past and they are stunning fish with very interesting breeding habits as you can see in that video! One of my favourites.
lol.funny that you should post as your a saved seller on my ebay account and thats where i seen them.lol.they looka really nice fish and would be good to get them to spawn just to watch the amazing way they do it.

lol.funny that you should post as your a saved seller on my ebay account and thats where i seen them.lol.they looka really nice fish and would be good to get them to spawn just to watch the amazing way they do it.

Ive bred these several times in the past and have been without them for around a year, i was desperate to get some more and could not find any, i have just imported a box of fish from Germany and this time round they have finally sent my splash tetras(after 2 times asking and not receiving them!)

These pictures are of my last group..

Male Splash tetra.
DSCF2169.jpg

Eggs on the cover glass..
DSCF1894.jpg

DSCF6185.jpg

An amazing fish to keep, have kept them in the past and very interesting to watch

Hi Ste,
I too wouldn't mind acquiring these for my collection.
If you do manage to replicate your previous breeding success I would be willing to take some juveniles off your hands :rolleyes:
YPP off-course.
Regards
C

Hi Ste,
I too wouldn't mind acquiring these for my collection.
If you do manage to replicate your previous breeding success I would be willing to take some juveniles off your hands :rolleyes:
YPP off-course.
Regards
C

They are breeding already!! 2 days after i bought them!! ive got 40 in a smallish tank, ive devised a new method to collect the eggs and already 48 hours later ive removed 2 spawns with around 150 eggs.. They are currently hatching out away from the adults in a dedicated part of my fishroom. Ill definately have juveniles in the near future..

Def want some of these, as in the past they have not done well and all died within a few weeks after getting them.

On a Side note, the Build of your new fishroom is excellent and looks amazing, You must have about 70 Tanks in there now - right ?

Def want some of these, as in the past they have not done well and all died within a few weeks after getting them.

On a Side note, the Build of your new fishroom is excellent and looks amazing, You must have about 70 Tanks in there now - right ?

Yeah its around 70 tanks now.. A few more if you include the fry tubs that i raise the babies in..

DSCF3392.jpg

DSCF3390-1.jpg

BaH!
Reminds me of my 100 tank abode in years gone by.
Full time occupation :rolleyes:
Excellent. and tidy, just how I like it.
What other species are you keeping breeding (please list)
Ill definately have juveniles in the near future.
Give me a shout with these and your Apisto lists
Regards
C

BaH!
Reminds me of my 100 tank abode in years gone by.
Full time occupation :rolleyes:
Excellent. and tidy, just how I like it.
What other species are you keeping breeding (please list)
Regards
C

Whooo, how long have you got!! i breed a bit of everything plus import a lot of fish, im currently breeding the following fish(Or have them setup in breeding tanks!).

Apistogramma agassizi 'fire red'
Apistogramma atahulapa
Apistogramma baenschi
Apistogramma barlowi
Apistogramma bitaeniata
Apistogramma cacatuoides (Gold0
Apistogramma cacatuoides (Double red)
Apistogramma macmasteri
Apistogramma norberti
Apistogramma sp 'Blackchin'
Apistogramma sp 'Kelleri'
Apistogrammoides pucallpaensis
Crenuchus spirulus
Pelvicachromis taeniatus 'dehane'
Taeniacara candidi
Corydoras sterbai
Copella arnoldi
Hemigrammus erythrozonus - Albino glowlight
Inpaichthys kerri
Inpaichthys kerri - Super blue
Nannostomus beckfordi
Nannostomus eques
Nannostomus harrisoni
Nannostomus marginatus
Parosphromenus anjunganensis
Parosphromenus linkei
Trigonostigma heteromorpha - domestic blue harlequin.

I think thats it???I have eggs, fry or larvae off 99% of the above, i also have around 30 other species that are not breeders but are imported for resale.. :good:

Impressive Ste,
I'm interested in Apistogramma bitaeniata & Apistogramma agassizi 'fire red' as well. If it's not too forward of me would it be possible to purchase some stock from you at a later date when the weather is more settled.
I see you are also into Pencils.
Regards
C

Most reactions

Back