Sparkling Gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Harlequins

***Corydora Crazy***
Reaction score
I've decided to sell my livebearers and opted on maybe getting some sparkling gouramis,

How many would be ideal in a 55 gal community tank please? and what ratio of males to females?.

Other fish are ember tetras,corys & harlequins-and maybe getting a shoal of glow light tetras.

Thanks

I've decided to sell my livebearers and opted on maybe getting some sparkling gouramis,

How many would be ideal in a 55 gal community tank please? and what ratio of males to females?.

Other fish are ember tetras,corys & harlequins-and maybe getting a shoal of glow light tetras.

Thanks

Don't know much about them but aren't they the really small ones? You could probably have a fair few in a 55 if so. I don't think I've ever seen them in any fish shop I've been to, are they rare?

Off topic (sorry) but what type of Cories are they with the black stripe in your sig? Thanks.

Edit - just seen the text underneath. They're nice - I want some.

Yes they are small,i've seen them in maidenhead aquatics,i hear males can be aggresive,so was wondering on good ratio...i don't think they're rare :unsure:

Yep they be C.Arcuatus- skunk cories also known has arched cories,they're fab :good:

Depending on how many other fish you're having, you could have at least, say, ten- I'd try to keep at least 1 female per male, with a couple extra for luck, up to two females per male. You shouldn't have too many aggression issues in a tank that size, in theory there's more than enough space if one needs to hide or escape.

you do know they make a wierd sound kinda like the predator thing, they only grow to around 2 inches i think generally keep more females than males maybe 5 to 1 ratio and provide plenty of hiding spots for them.

Deek

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back