Sorting Out Stocking

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Seal36

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys I really need your help. Yesterday I added 6 salt and pepper Cory's to my 70 litre tank but my rummy nose tetra are chasing them and have already killed one of them so today the salt and pepper Cory's will be going back to the shop. I was wondering if in my 70 litre I could have as a stocking:
8 rummy nose tetra
8 cherry barbs

The tank dimensions are
56cm long
32cm deep
40cm high

Thanks hope you can help from Tom

Edit: It was sold as a 70litre tank but on your calculator it says is a 72 litre from Tom

Sadly not as they both take up the same swimming space. I've never had a issue with rummys and corys. Is your tank well planted with a lot of hiding places this could be the issue.

Yes it's very well planted and has 3 caves in it for them to hide in and little cracks under wood and stuff like that. Is the reason that the rummies and the cherry barbs won't get because there would be to many off them in the tank or is it that they are not compatible with each other as I used to have cherry barbs and rummies together before from Tom

It's the room. You are pretty stocked with the rummy. A 70l tank is minimal for rummys and I'd use no less which means you really don't have the room to stock any other fish that swims there. As I said you can get corys maybe try bronze ones.

Ok thanks for that but the thing that confuses me is that I would need to get 6 bronze Cory's to make them happy and bronze Cory's are between 2.5-3 inches and fairly chunky where as the cherry barbs grow to a maximum of 2 inches and are a lot thinner.

Your missing the point am trying to tell you :p

Corys live on the bottom of the tank, Therefore they normally don't swim in the same space of the Rummys.

Barbs will however swim in the same place as the rummys and that sudden space will be very small to 12 fish, 2 shoals. Its just too small for both!

techen said:
It's the room. You are pretty stocked with the rummy. A 70l tank is minimal for rummys and I'd use no less which means you really don't have the room to stock any other fish that swims there. As I said you can get corys maybe try bronze ones.
bronze will get too big potentialy getting 6-7cm a better choice would be pygmy or possibly panda

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back