Sonic/electromagnetic Pest Repellant

littlest

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
607
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
UK
I noticed today that my flatmate has got a plug-in pest repellent in the kitchen. (we recently had a mice problem). It works by emitting sonic and electromagnetic pulses.

I was just wondering whether anyone knew if these kinds of products can effect fish in any way?
(my fish are in the room directly above the product if that makes any difference)

I did a google search of the product and it said that it was safe for pets - but that can't be completely true considering some people keep mice and rats as pets.
 
I doubt it would effect the fish, unless they had super duper hearing, as these emit a high pitched sound kinda thing that only effect the rodents they are intended for. I use spider ones in my house, although frankly Im not sure the spiders care much :lol:
 
thanks,

I watched my fish for a bit when I got in last night and they don't appear to be behaving any differently so I assume it isn't affecting them
 
The electromagnetic ones stopped birds nesting in my garage. It was supposed to keep mice out of my catfood, but I've found crumbs and mice turds on top of it. I switched to a sonic one and the birds came back, but I didn't get any bats in there this year. The mice still don't care.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top