Hi there,
recently I had my water tested after what I thought was a too high ph reading, have since been informed that it was ok but was told to check my hardness and it was off the chart 900 something (cant remember what she said) so all rocks were removed and I did a 1/2 water change, then every second day I did 2 more water changes of 1/3 each. I use rainwater with a ph of 7 (hardness unknown) I dont know the hardness I was under the impression that rain water was soft?
I have lost 4 fish in a week 2 angels and 2 rummynose. The things that are in our tank are
Dupla ground substrate
Mopani driftwood
garbage bag twist ties
lead to weigh plants down
plants
and mesh (gutter/spouting gaurd for moss lawn)
Any suggestions?
Regards Darren
recently I had my water tested after what I thought was a too high ph reading, have since been informed that it was ok but was told to check my hardness and it was off the chart 900 something (cant remember what she said) so all rocks were removed and I did a 1/2 water change, then every second day I did 2 more water changes of 1/3 each. I use rainwater with a ph of 7 (hardness unknown) I dont know the hardness I was under the impression that rain water was soft?
I have lost 4 fish in a week 2 angels and 2 rummynose. The things that are in our tank are
Dupla ground substrate
Mopani driftwood
garbage bag twist ties
lead to weigh plants down
plants
and mesh (gutter/spouting gaurd for moss lawn)
Any suggestions?
Regards Darren







