Something Aggressive?

šŸ  May TOTM Voting is Live! šŸ 
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
šŸ† Click here to Vote! šŸ†

Sye

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I would like to have a bigger tank on the ledge in my room, space isnā€™t a problem but weight is(Donā€™t want it to fall through the boards) So I was thinking of something I could keep in a separate tank that is aggressive..... I donā€™t really want a lizard or snake.

Shallow water wouldnā€™t be so much of a problemā€¦..

Aggressive in what way? Why do you particularly want an aggressive fish?

I just think that aggressive animals are more intresting....

I'm not to bothered about it being a fish...what are crabs/frogs like?

Sye said:
I just think that aggressive animals are more intresting....

I'm not to bothered about it being a fish...what are crabs/frogs like?
Right. Got you. If you can fit in a 20 US gal tank (that's about a 2ft tank) then you could look at getting some shelldweller cichlids (I'm looking into getting some myself). Tiger barbs are another possibility, or some dwarf puffers.

However, aggressive fish can be difficult if you're a beginner so they might not be the best thing to start with. I assume you've kept fish before?

As for frogs, there's an aquatic frog called an African Clawed frog that is quite interesting and doesn't require a huge tank.

I'm trying to get the amount of water down due to the weight... Is there anything that could live in shallow water?

floors usually take quite a bit of weight

1 liter of water is a kilo

1 gallon is 10 pounds

heya :D
why dont you try some newts? they arent really aggressive that I know of, but they can live in fairly shallow water, and you can take them out and hold them and stuff too, Ive seen some japanese newts in one of our LFS today, they look pretty cool.
you could probably catch some somewhere if you looked in the right places, shallow ponds etc,
or alternatively if you are looking for something a bit meatier and more aggressive seeming, why dont you get a big mama spider, like a tarantula or something.
I wanted one, but my boyfriend wont have a word of it.. :p haha so freshwater tropical fish it is!
Lemme know what u decide on.. theres so many things you can keep in a tank, I think even an ant colony would be interesting. LOL :lol:
keep us informed!

:thumbs:

Starry^

a terrapin (kinda turtle ) only needs shallow water and rockery

also very aggresive i have known some 1 to have 1 bite there finger and just would not let go :lol:

Hehehe, we keep a Tokay Gecko, she's very agressive to humans (and crickets) :D
These pets are not for the slightly timid, as you will possibly need to handle the lizard during cleanings. Gloves are required, because of the biting and ratcheting thing they do when disturbed. On the weight side, no water at all is required within the cage, just a mist twice a day. :D

Anableps would require a large tank as they grow to 12"+. How about a mini mangrove type tank with small gobies, pufferfish and fiddler crabs and if you can find them a pair of mudskippers, would need low water and a shore for the crabs/mudskippers to be able to get out and feed.

Most reactions

Back