Some Random Pics

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

prankster705

trolololol
Reaction score
Some random new pics. 20 gallon.

Excuse the scratched glass, the tank is ~10 years old lol. Taken with a point and shoot :/.

The stock would be
1 x L206 pleco (no pics of him below)
1 x L126 pleco
2 x Platydoras armatulus (old species ID = P. costatus, recent findings point out that the "P. costatus" in the hobby are actually armatulus)
4 x Apistogramma nijsseni (1 male, 3 females)
1 x Ophieleotris aporos (the gudgeon, best ID I managed to get for it - ~5", been in a 50gallon in the lfs for a year, hasn't grown a bit, so it's not stunted)
1 x Trichogaster leeri
3 x vietnamese "yoyo" loach (Botia almorhae or lohachata, not quite sure)

Ammonia and nitrite stay at 0ppm and nitrate stays at 10-20 ppm, so I suppose this is as much as I feel comfortable with putting in a tank of this size.

Feel free to comment, good or bad, all are welcome

Gudgeon headshot:
IMG_3407.jpg

IMG_3411.jpg

Had some flash problems here hehe:
IMG_3414.jpg

Some more gudgeon shots:
IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

Loach:
IMG_3422.jpg

The gudgeon seems to change colour depending on how much light/colour temperature it's exposed to, this pic was taken with flash and showed some amazing colours :):
IMG_3424.jpg

Apistogramma njesseni:
IMG_3426.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

Loach:
IMG_3429.jpg

As it's quite apparent, the gudgeon stole the show
IMG_3434.jpg

Trichogaste leeri:
IMG_3436.jpg

More show stealing. I love how these 2 pics display how big the difference is from the light reflecting differently:
IMG_3439.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

Apistogramma njesseni:
IMG_3443.jpg

Another one of the loach, excuse the bad reflection:
IMG_3444.jpg

Trichogaster leeri
IMG_3448.jpg

Some shots of the L126 Pseudancistrus orinoco pleco (sold as L126, if you have a better ID, feel free to share):
IMG_3449-1.jpg

IMG_3450-1.jpg

IMG_3451-1.jpg

IMG_3452-1.jpg

Another one of the Trichogaster leeri
IMG_3457.jpg

Loaches:
IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

2 Full tank shots, amazingly enough you can actually see one of the dodradids hehe:
IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3467.jpg

Headshot hehe:
IMG_3470.jpg

Platydoras armatulus:
IMG_3468.jpg

Some more headshots, I love how they look like a :( smiley. You can actually see some small teeth on the 2nd one:
IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

Very nice! I see you love that gudgeon. It's a beaut. My favorite has to be the apisto's. :)

That tank layout is really nice. Can you tell us about the brown leaves? I never quite understood how those last in a tank, where do you get them and why dont they rot away and foul the water? Or is that a live plant?

That tank layout is really nice. Can you tell us about the brown leaves? I never quite understood how those last in a tank, where do you get them and why dont they rot away and foul the water? Or is that a live plant?

They're dried Terminalia catappa leaves, 1st time I've tried them heh. I've got them from a local online shop. They've been in the tank for roughly 3 weeks now and still holding up quite well, slowly falling apart, might be a bit due to plecos scraping on them as well. The fish seem to enjoy hanging and swimming around and through them. They do release an amount of tannins, but I like that :). I haven't seen any negative effects since adding them ;). I don't think they can really foul the water any more than bog wood can ;).

thx for the kind comment.

Veil - I adore the gudgeon :)... The apistos have made a really good impression in the 3 weeks since I got them, growing nicely :).

Hey prank it looks great! I especially love that gudgeon. ;) it's got a great natural look to it and I can't wait to see the next one you have planned.

Really nice natural tank :).

Especially like the A.nijsseni and gudgeon.

Thx for the comment
Thx for the correction on the lat. name :).

Hey prank it looks great! I especially love that gudgeon. ;) it's got a great natural look to it and I can't wait to see the next one you have planned.

That won't be for a while, if at all. Should be sometime in the summer though :). Thx for the comment, now get some pics yourself :p. How's the brycon?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back