Some Ideas

bloatedguppy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Feb 24, 2008
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Well recently I had lost my love for my aquarium a few months ago and suddenly I'm back into it. I recently had to take some big fish back as my tank is only 25 gal. I have 3 pearl gouramis, 2 yo-yo's, 2 otto's, 2 neons, and just purchased 7 rare rummy nose! Now I'm still wanting to add some more small community fish and unforchantly my very good lfs has gone full saltwater so it kinda sucks having to remain with petsmart and petco. I also don't do orders as most sites shipping cost alot. But I'm looking for some small, interesting, colorful, in a good price range($2-$4 a fish), and body shaped fish. To be honest I've had many fish but I only keep the ones I find most interesting and unique. Now my petsmart has a verity of fish but so many commons. I don't really wanna add tetras as almost all the species do the same thing. I've been thinking of some killi fish or some marbled hatchet which are hard to come by. Something like that or even rasboras so if you have any idea of what to add let me know even if theres a species I have be over looking also I'm looking for somthing right now that stays mid to top area of the tank. I've also considered to start putting driftwood and live plants in my tank.
 
Well recently I had lost my love for my aquarium a few months ago and suddenly I'm back into it. I recently had to take some big fish back as my tank is only 25 gal. I have 3 pearl gouramis, 2 yo-yo's, 2 otto's, 2 neons, and just purchased 7 rare rummy nose! Now I'm still wanting to add some more small community fish and unforchantly my very good lfs has gone full saltwater so it kinda sucks having to remain with petsmart and petco. I also don't do orders as most sites shipping cost alot. But I'm looking for some small, interesting, colorful, in a good price range($2-$4 a fish), and body shaped fish. To be honest I've had many fish but I only keep the ones I find most interesting and unique. Now my petsmart has a verity of fish but so many commons. I don't really wanna add tetras as almost all the species do the same thing. I've been thinking of some killi fish or some marbled hatchet which are hard to come by. Something like that or even rasboras so if you have any idea of what to add let me know even if theres a species I have be over looking also I'm looking for somthing right now that stays mid to top area of the tank. I've also considered to start putting driftwood and live plants in my tank.

Well, since you don't want to order fish or want to pay alot, you are kinda stuck with the commons. I have 2 petsmart near me and they only stock common fish. The employees know next to nothing however. I was just in there the other day and one of the employees was talking to a customer. I heard him say that 3 full grown adult oscars would be fine in a 55 gallon tank. Yeah....
 
Dude it really depends, I know alot of people would hate me here but yes it is possible to house 3 oscars in a 55 gal, true its not perfect but its not going to harm the fish besides growth. But my petsmart has been and recently gets some pretty cool fish you don't see alot of in every petsmart and I really dont want to pay $40 for over night shipping when the fish are $10 bucks and then theres a chance something happends to them.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top