some holiday snaps (will add later...)

This is just a fairly standard cormorant but you have to love the posture!

Attachments

• cormorant.jpg
    cormorant.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 49
Just some palms on the river!

Attachments

• river.jpg
    river.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 47
this is a different picture of the same butterfly on page 1 i think it's a bit better albiet very similar :rolleyes:

Attachments

• butterfly5.jpg
    butterfly5.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 49
The fishing boats in the harbour, I wish the Western Fleets would take note of the nice colour scheme :rolleyes:

Attachments

• boats.jpg
    boats.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 46
This was the closest to a parakeet I could find :(

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 57
What ARE you looking at :unsure:

Attachments

• eagle2.jpg
    eagle2.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 44
Will, ur sure making me wish my holiday was here already!

Next year I wanna go to India! Where about were you?

I was in the south in the state of Kerala. It's quite near Sri Lanka, if you really want to get a tan then going during our winter is best, this time of year is monsoon season! Fortunately those "monsoons" were tame with what we have in Ireland so it wasn't a problem for me, the prices are obviously much less in the summer as it is not their peak season. Once you get there everything is extremely cheap, I got lots of clothes made, for £5 a shirt you can't really go too far wrong :) My sister took a black jacket cost price ~£200, they made an identical one for less than £10. A 500ml bottle of pepsi is 20p or so. Really makes you wonder who is making a killing with selling this stuff in the UK!

Sounds great!

I'm going to the Dominican Republic in about 7 weeks and I found out yesterday that when I'm there is 2 weeks into the hurricane season! D'oh!

Oh well, should make for some interesting photos! lol

No surprises for me William.

Superb photos, but i see the same scenery every day. Why did you have to go to India and not come here instead? :-(

P.T.

Pleco-Heaven said:
Congrats on 6000th post! I hit 500 today!
Congrats on the spam!

Anyway William, I am picking which one to set as my background, I really like the palm tree one, and the one of you on the river with the palms up ahead.. Also, it that just a butterfly? Just a bird? Those are AMAZING! Great shots, what camera do you have?

Most reactions

Back