So, Who's Now On A Diet?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
TwoTankAmin said:
Unless one is fasting, everybody is on a diet :p

Wiki says: "In nutrition, diet is the sum of food consumed by a person or other organism."

I for one am on the seefood diet.

I eat any food I see............
Dagnammit tta, that was gonna be my unoriginal joke. XD

Just had two stalks of celery and peanuts utter as my predinner snack... Such a tasty morsel. Not sure how it will affect my cholesterol or weight, but it was an enjoyable change... So I think it will stay.

Yeah I tried a couple of those today too, I prefer the celery sticks to toast but I think I need a smoother peanut butter to make it work.

daizeUK said:
Yeah I tried a couple of those today too, I prefer the celery sticks to toast but I think I need a smoother peanut butter to make it work.

This is about your health... splurge for the best peanut butter on the market. :nod:  I got my wife some "All Natural 'with honey' ".  Tasty stuff.

Quite right! My shopping bill has got shot up since we started this health drive though. I try to get fresh salmon once a week now, can be expensive but it's so healthy and I adore salmon so I love having an excuse to eat it more often! This recipe is fantastic, I just shove loads of veg in the wok and a bit of rice to go with it, even the kids will eat the greens! : http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/8107/sticky-salmon-with-chinese-greens

I shop for veggies at a local 'produce shop'.  Their produce isn't as 'pretty' as the stuff you'll get in the grocery store, but you can't beat the prices.

For example: I could get 3 stalks of celery for $1 each at the grocery store, or I can get 2 stalks of celery for $1 total.  

I can get red or green peppers for $1.59 per lb at the grocery store where I select each one myself... or I can get 3 lbs of green for $2, and 2 lbs of red for $2.  They are pre-bagged and the 'weights' are estimated.  

And its an all cash enterprise, they have extremely low overhead - no A/C in the summer... only a bit (not a lot) of heat in the winter.  All with the desire of keeping costs down.  

Not sure if you have something similar where you are, but it might be worth checking around.  

spring is springing and so now my diet starts. I've never been able to lose weight in the winter but once spring arrives I find it easier to drop a few pounds. Last spring/summer I dropped off nearly a stone. I'm aiming to do the same again this spring/summer. I'll still be classed as obese though and I'll never hit my original weight ... I mean 7lbs 2oz is just unrealistic

tongue2.gif

laugh.png

Sorry, just thought I'd join in on the unoriginal jokes lol

I'm holding steady at about 61kg (135 lbs), a couple of kilo's above the minimum healthy weight for my height.  I have visible abs for the first time in my life and I feel fantastic.  I only wish I'd taken this much care of my body when I was twenty years younger!  lol

If any ladies out there are trying to lose weight or gain a little fitness then I recommend this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwXzXpmwFG4
I've been doing it in my living room for half an hour a few days each week and it's done wonders for me.  Simple, fun and easy with great results.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back