So They Are Not Platy Babies...

minxfishy

Fish Maniac
Joined
May 1, 2008
Messages
8,492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Black phantom tetra babies!

Following on from my thread the other day about my sons platies having fry, after watching lots more, I have to say they cannot be platies, they have the shape of the phantoms, high fin, black markings, nothing like a platy. Which means by some miracle, the phantoms spawned and two eggs survived from being eaten and without any interference from us or even knowing they existed, managed to find enough food to grow, they are even starting to come out from the hiding place in the moss and swim around in the open :hyper:

Does anyone have any pics of platy fry and phantom fry? I need something for comparison, but I honestly dont think they can be platies.
 
Would love to see pics if you could post some. here is a pic of a Platy fry that I found online:

Platy_Fry1.jpg


This site has some illustrations of Phantom fry at various stages of development.

http://www.gsas.org/Articles/1998/black-phantom.html
 
Definatley not platy fry from that pic, they have a distinct raised fin, thanks for the link nosoup, from a brief scan, that looks more like what they are, at about 4 weeks too!!!!!

I wish I could get picture, my camera is poop and close ups on small things are useless, but as they get bigger I shall endeavour to get pics.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top